Thursday, August 6, 2015

i'm all PUFFED up!

This year is definitely not my year with bugs! they've never hated me so much before! Well this year was quite cool and with lots and lots of rain! Doctors telling me it's because of the wet weather that there are a lot of mosquitoes, horseflies, deer flies, etc.,... this year! Well, about a month and a half ago I got three bites from deer flies. My hand and arms puffed so much and it felt hot and prickly and was red all over.  I had to take Benadryl nonstop and it finally went down about 5-6 days after. I make sure to cover up and use sprays when I have to. But, then on Monday I was cleaning out chicken coop and I got a bite by my forehead close to my eye. That same night my forehead puffed right up. I took Benadryl that night and the next day it looked like someone punched me in the face! My eyes puffed up, my forehead puffy, and my cheeks and the bridge of my nose so puffy, too! My husband called me "Warf" from Star Trek TNG. I feel so swollen and uncomfortable. I have no pain or fever or anything, so that's good. But, feel awkward and puffy. I'm sure when I see Sharlene I'll still be puffy in my face. I had a really bad reaction. So, I've been at home trying not to scare people with my face! hehe..I have to go out today for grocery shopping, but i'll wear a hat and try not to scare anyone..:P

I need to wear a hat with a thin towel wrapped around, wear long sleeves, extra pants, gloves and put on bug spray every time I go out. I do not want to be bit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment