Thursday, August 13, 2015

blood pressure

In may I had some really bad chest pains and my blood pressure was so high! I don't eat much fatty/sweet/salty foods so I was really surprised! I checked my bp at home with my Omron blood pressure monitor. It showed 140/86 for a few days. I went to see my Dr in Pt Rowan and she told me that it might be from all the stress at home that i'm going through. She advised me to de-stress and take care of myself.  I felt okay about a week after that. And I've been feeling good until we came back from the "end of the year trip" with my kids to marineland. I felt sharp chest pains in my right side. I then felt my heartbeat going really fast. I took my blood pressure and it was about 147/88.

 I've been really confused with what's going on, but I am taking more time on myself.  I go out and do farm work every morning and then I make sure to go on the treadmill everyday about 30-45 mins and  get a really good sweat (good for blood sugar and blood pressure).  I listen to music on vevo youtube (Sia, Taylor Swift, Weeknd, etc.,..). I love music and need something upbeat.  If I feel tired and feel my heartbeating fast, I put on some YL marjoram essential oil. It has saved me so much! It helps immediately for me to lower bp.  I also like lavender and joy.  I noticed that if I eat some raw garlic with my meal it helps lower my bp for a couple of days, too. My normal has always been 110/70, but lately it's higher (due to stress? health issues?) and I'm not sure why. But, i'm really trying to normalize it. It's about 115/74 as of now.  But, I need to continue with exercising or else it slips higher.  Manny says it's because I take on so much and have so many stressful issues to deal with (farm, parents health, finances...).

Just wanted to share how i'm doing. It might end up helping someone else:)

No comments:

Post a Comment